Small wooden chair inscribed ’For Baby’. The chair is from the Claddagh village but was most likely imported. Hand-made, and measuring 48cm high, the back legs and support are one single piece. Two slats are nailed on to form the back of the chair. The lettering on the seat with the decorative detail and the machine-made nails used to make it, suggests a date between 1890 and 1920 (information from Dr. Jim Higgins, Galway City Heritage Officer).